BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
(1 green, 1 tsp, ¼ Red)
I absolutely adore soups this time of year! They are even better when they are easy breezy. The BEST part about this recipe is that it’s 21 Day Fix approved! Yippy! Let me know just how much you love it! I guarantee your whole family will love this and that it will be part of your regular dinner menu.
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil;
- cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and Greek Yogurt in a vitamix blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through. (This is optional, in fact, I usually just poor straight from the canister)
- Do not allow to boil.