I am probably going to sound blasphemous when I say that these bad boys are WAY better than the French cut version. But it’s true! Here is a busy Mom’s simple explanation. WAY easier to cut up. That’s it! I used to spend at least 10 minutes peeling and cutting my sweet potatoes and then the baking time was enough for me to eat everything in the fridge before they were done.
Keep in mind every oven cooks differently and it may take a few times for you to get them just right for you.
I personally LOVE them with FRY sauce. I don’t really care if I’m trying to drop weight or not. I make it work into my diet. I’m a Utahn through and through when it comes to that.
The links below are two items that I cannot live without when it comes to cooking healthy. I mention them in the recipe.
Link to MISTO
Link to SILPAT Mats
- 1 Sweet Potato Cut in slightly larger than 1/4 inch discs
- olive oil to spray
- Sea Salt
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees F
- Wash Potato and dry it off
- Cut potatoes
- Place on a non-stick cooking mat on a cookie sheet (I like Sil-Pat)
- Spray each side with Olive Oil (I LOVE MY MISTO)
- Lightly salt with your favorite coarse Sea Salt
- Bake for 15 minutes Flip Over
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until it has reached your desired texture
- I like them to be crisp on the outside but they are soft on the inside
- Other seasonings can be used such as garlic salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, tumeric, garlic salt. What ever kind you fancy.